Kapulo Copper Project
- The Democratic Republic of Congo
- Mawson West Ltd
- 1 year
Sedgman supported the recovery of a high-grade copper concentrate from oxide and sulphide mineralisation through a 1.0 Mt/a flotation plant in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
SCOPE OF WORKS
As part of this work, Sedgman provided the following services to the client:
- feasibility study (FS)
- definitive feasibility study (DFS)
- metallurgical test work management
- engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) for the recovery of a high-grade copper concentrate from oxide and sulphide mineralisation
- engineering design of crushing, grinding, flotation, concentrate handling and infrastructure of 1.0 Mt/a plant to treat both oxide and sulphide copper ores to produce a copper concentrate.
Sedgman undertook a Concept Study / Scoping study for a 30,000 t/d copper concentrator, and copper flotation plant with the design capability of Mineral processing for 600,000 t/a copper flotation plant processing both oxide and sulphide ores.
The plant was designed to treat 385,000 t/a of oxide ore or 600,000 t/a of sulphide ore over a total of seven years.