The future mine includes autonomous and electrified haulage, with approaches to mining selected with a systems-thinking approach. Mine-to-mill simulations and selective mining techniques will support mine plans optimised for lower energy consumption, lower waste volumes and maximised revenue.
Simulation & Technology Developments in Extraction & Haulage
Sedgman has partnerships with experts in blasting, mining, ore sorting, mechanical cutting equipment and haulage. Our collaborative approach and expertise in mine-to-mill simulation can support identifying optimised mining and processing approaches.
Emerging themes in extraction and haulage include:
- More selective mining through precision mining and mechanical cutting equipment
- The impact of selective mining on downstream elements, including reduced top size (reduced top size and comminution energy demand, and reduced tailings volumes)
- Simulating mining to mill as a system, to allow optioneering to determine the optimum approach to mining, ore sorting and mill sizing for maximised NPV (net present value) and minimised emissions.
- Use of hydrogen/electrification in haulage to reduce emissions
- Autonomous haulage, removing people from high-risk environments