We deliver our services in a way that contributes to positive, long-term outcomes for the communities in which we operate and integrate socio-economic factors and shared value into everything we do.
Local employment and supply
We are committed to supporting the communities where we work by providing opportunities for local people and businesses. Our focus includes:
- Upholding our Group Code of Conduct including respect for local and national culture.
- Providing jobs and supporting our employees and partners via sustainable business practice.
- Creating local content opportunities and ensuring responsible supply chain management.
- Building relationships with traditional landowner groups and supporting broader Indigenous engagement, including traineeships. Read about our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
- Leveraging our partnership with Supply Nation to identify Indigenous businesses to include in our supply chain.
We work closely with clients to support them in delivering on their local and community priorities. In turn, this supports the development of vibrant, liveable and sustainable communities for the future.
Supporting local communities
Supporting local communities includes responsible investment and partnerships with local organisations whose missions align with our community engagement vision. We make valuable contributions in the areas of community health and wellbeing, education, workforce diversity, and Indigenous and local engagement in the workforce.
We are support our local communities by providing our employees with the time to volunteer in their local communities. Our people have used this time for blood donations, supporting the Lifeline bookfest, Habitat for Humanity, and many others.
The ‘Sedgman Mud Army’ in Brisbane volunteered to help colleagues, neighbours and strangers in need following extreme weather and flooding across South-East Queensland and Northern New South in 2022.
Volunteering is a great way to give back and make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. We are proud to be a team that looks after our community.
Sedgman is committed to adding value by leaving a positive legacy in the communities in which we work. We do this in a number of ways including through community investments in:
- Community health and wellbeing
- Education and future workforce diversity
- Indigenous and local engagement
We have proudly supported these and other community organisations:
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Children Charities Network – Young Australian and Indigenous Art and Literacy Program
- QCoal Foundation
- Power of Engineering
- Indigenous Literacy Foundation