Pumpkin Hollow Underground Project
- United States of America
- Base metals
- Nevada Copper
- 22 Months
Sedgman's key contributions to the pre-feasibility and feasibility studies helped Nevada Copper to unlock value by linking a revised copper mine plan with a fit-for-purpose copper concentrator processing facility and surface infrastructure solution for their separated underground resource.
Nevada Copper was a new entrant into the copper production market and was able to fast track the delivery of its underground resource with a targeted production of 5000 st/d. Sedgman’s contracted scope included select surface infrastructure assets including buildings, site earthworks, and utilities, a copper concentrator plant which included a tailings filtration for a dry stack disposal that in future phases of the mine would feed a simplified paste plant.
Nevada Copper sought a partner to assist the process of bringing this entirely new facility to a fixed budget and schedule, and selected Sedgman on the basis of our global reputation for delivery. In addition, to collaborating with Nevada Copper to deliver the plant and surface infrastructure scope of work, we worked with our client to implement the project’s safety systems and achieved 470,000 manhours without any lost time injury during the delivery of the contracted work.
SCOPE OF WORKS
- A run of mine handling system that takes direct feed from the headframe to a radial stacker used to manage ore grades on the surface.
- A comminution circuit consisting of SAG mill, and Ball mill (SAB) with the pebble crushing system differed.
- Copper flotation circuit.
- Concentrate dewatered with traditional multi-plate filters.
- Rejects are dewatered using multi-plate filters for two process streams – first for dry stacking, second for paste production used for cemented backfill in stope mining.
- Construction of plant area office, maintenance and warehouse buildings.
- Site earthworks for the plant, dry stacking area and access roads around the facilities.
- Site-wide power and water utilities.