Dikulushi Copper Project
- Katanga Province , The Democratic Republic of Congo
- Anvil Mining Ltd / Mawson West Ltd
- 2001/2, 2004, 2006 & 2010
Sedgman provided engineering, procurement and construction services for a milling, flotation plant and power station upgrade at a 350,000 t/a plant at Lake Mweru, Katanga Province, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Sedgman was engaged to build a heavy media separation (HMS) plant. This included decommissioning, relocation, and recommissioning of a copper flotation plant and power station plus subsequent upgrades between 2001 – 2010.
The plant consists of the following:
- three stage crushing, ball milling, copper oxide and copper sulphide flotation
- concentrate thickening, filtration and bagging
- tailings thickening and disposal
- reagent mixing, site services and electrical distribution up to design capacity of the crushing and HMS circuits.
The HMS plant was successfully built by Sedgman in 2001and 2002 and operated successfully before being replaced by a copper flotation plant that incorporated both copper oxide and copper sulphide flotation.
In 2004, Sedgman was engaged to upgrade the 350,000 t/a milling copper flotation plant and power station. The HMS plant was successfully replaced by a copper flotation plant that incorporated both copper oxide and copper sulphide flotation.
In 2006, the spirals circuit was upgraded, however this has since been decommissioned.
Lastly in 2010, Mawson West purchased the mine from Anvil and took over the operation.
Sedgman continued to provide metallurgical assistance and test work supervision of satellite orebodies on an as required basis.