People First - design for safe and inclusive workforce and community wellbeing
The mine of the future isn’t one solely focused on shareholder returns. It’s one where the wellbeing of employees and the local community are also valued as part of the success of a project. This approach demonstrates how we support and include our employees, value diversity, and engage with the local community to provide employment and other benefits for a sustained positive legacy.
At Sedgman, we have an unwavering commitment to the health, safety and the wellbeing of our employees. We include the following strategic objectives in our corporate and site-specific planning:
- Promote and improve female participation in our Group and achieve gender equity
- Increase Indigenous employment and use of Indigenous suppliers in our supply chain where possible
- Invest in local employment to ensure the future workforce is reflective of the country in which we operate
- Cultivate an inclusive workplace of fairness and equity which fosters the unique skills and talents of our people
- Contributing to the communities in which we live and work by partnering with local organisations whose missions align with our community engagement vision.
Read more about our diversity and social inclusion approach, including our Reconciliation Action Plan, and about our community support and staff volunteering.