Mine site connectivity and artificial intelligence (AI)
The future mine is built on site-wide connectivity, with cloud-connected sensors. This enables advanced analytics and artificial intelligence to support rapid decision making, predictive maintenance to reduce downtime and costs, and remote support from technical experts with real-time alerts and site data access.
Full mine site connectivity allows adoption of emerging technologies, including:
- Autonomous vehicles
- Real-time condition monitoring
- Remote controlled drilling rigs
- Unmanned drone inspections
- Smart ventilation control
- Live environmental monitoring systems including tailings dam wall monitoring
- Processing plant sensors and AI.
Sedgman’s SEDGMETRIX Platform and team of more than 50 remote operational engineering personnel ensure advanced remote monitoring to support the operation.